My name is Simon Drake.
I am registered in Germany as a freelancer (Ust. 1281302500) and available for selected finance clients.
I’m an expert at creating, designing, editing, formatting and managing presentations and pitches for the finance industry.
I studied Graphic Design in 1993, worked as a Graphic Designer in Brisbane and Sydney in Australia, moved into Desktop Publishing, and worked at:
- FINSIA: Compiling content and printing Financial Education documents, e.g. for stock brokers, fund managers, advisers.
- Australian Graduate School of Management: Print Production co-coordinator for the University of New South Wales’s Australian Graduate School of Management MBA Program.
I later moved to London and worked at:
- Goldman Sachs Presentations Assistant – 3 years
- Houlihan Lokey Presentations Assistant – 2 years
- Smaller boutique funds and financiers around Pall Mall, Mayfair and City of London.
- Various management consultancies and international public relations firms.
I then moved to Frankfurt am Main, and have worked for the following financial services companies in Frankfurt am Main:
- Jefferies – 2014 to 2018.
- Rothschild and Co. ongoing since 2017.
- Various emerging financial services companies, including funds (e.g. debt, open-ended), and shareholder activist representatives.
I am also:
Since 2014, co-founder and Managing Director of Space Ventures Investors, an emerging space start-up focusing on building a strategic value chain of companies from low-earth orbit to the Lunar surface.
Since 2017 a co-founder, and since 2019 President, of the Space Commodities Exchange, an early stage space infrastructure company, designing orbital terminals.